New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

frustrating weather.

2 posters

Go down

frustrating weather. Empty frustrating weather.

Post  stevebrown2 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 am

Following on from the Nostell game which was on the whole pleasing for everyone involved we had a really good mixed training session on the Tuesday evening with the under 19's and the first team. Once again the 19's showed their individual and collective quality and blended in very well. Lyle Hillier was back and trained well as did Johnny Burbeck who was also returning from injury and Mattie Turnbull a young local player we have our eye for the future also looked the part.The standard of the session was high and a credit to the players. We must find a way to keep these young players at the club when they are between the 19's and on the fringe of the first team so they can continue their development in a competitive environment with the aim of becoming regulars in the senior team. The weather has prevented us from training this week which is frustrating when we have some momentum going but hopefully it's intervention will be short and we can get back on the football pitch sooner rather than later.
All the Best Steve.

stevebrown2

Back to top Go down

frustrating weather. Empty Re: frustrating weather.

Post  Big Al Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:07 pm

I note Steve's comments with interest especially the problem the club has with keeping the under 19 players at the club, when they become to old for that age group, is the answer a reserve side, Steve knows all about that. I fully appreciate there would be a cost element, but the club used to run a reserve side and did so for many years. Could a reserve side replace an Under 19 side, but still play Under 19 players mixed with some over age players, I don't know I am just posing some ideas, but I do feel that unless the problem is addressed the club will continue to nurture players then lose them as has happened for a while now. Of course finding a league to play in is another problem but not impossible.

Big Al

Back to top Go down