New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My shirt stayed on this time.

5 posters

Go down

My shirt stayed on this time. Empty My shirt stayed on this time.

Post  PorkyPike Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:20 am

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
I was asked to go easy on the players in my write up for this game !!!!!
A picture sums it up!

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

That's all from a very unhappy Codpiece-PorkyPike!!

"UP THE PIKES"

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

My shirt stayed on this time. Empty Re: My shirt stayed on this time.

Post  CliveH Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Not really Steve!!
That was a shock, after the recent resurgence. Polite explanation would have sufficed, though I dare say Steve Brown will explain all on here in next day or two.
Parkgate are always a stiff proposition, but.........

CliveH

http://clive.hillier@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

My shirt stayed on this time. Empty Blimey!

Post  man in the street Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:40 pm

6-1! Can that count as a blip? When is Lyle going to be fit Clive?

man in the street

Back to top Go down

Post  PorkyPike Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Sorry Clive just couldn't think of anything to describe what happened, only 2 players out of 11 put the work in, as I put in my blog before this game I knew it was going to be a tough game but to be humiliated like we were was not a pretty sight. Amen.

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Post  CliveH Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Lyle reckons he'll be ready in a couple of weeks, thankfully, after such a long time out injured. It was a bad one, and if my memory serves me correctly it was sustained against Parkgate.
Let's hope yesterday was a blip. Parkgate are a strong side,like last season, it seems. Bad day at the office, we must hope.
Can't wait to get to a Pikes match again.

CliveH

Back to top Go down

My shirt stayed on this time. Empty Match Report

Post  cockney Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:57 am

Porky, I note your comments regarding your now infamous match reports, why is it that you were asked to go easy? when the team are winning you quite rightly heap the praise on them, was it the management who asked you to layoff them ? maybe they wanted to b----ck them privately, what was the starting lineup? subs etc and who came on for who. Was this just a bad day at the office ? pale pale pale

Something will have to be sorted before Taddy game on Saturday don,t you think? confused confused confused

Finally I would like to thank Dan for his input into the under 19,s and just sorry he feels he can,t carry on but I do fully understand.

cockney

Back to top Go down

Post  PorkyPike Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:11 am

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

While I was walking to my car after the game one of our players (with his DAD) oops!! asked me to go easy on them so there you have it, I'm not naming names (tongue in cheek)
Team was Mitchell, Reid, Sturdy, McNaughton, Hartas, Fenwick, Ramm, Salt, Adams, Dalton, Hodgson, subs, Conner, Brown, Parker. A.N.Other.(sorry no team sheet)

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

jocolor king queen jocolor geek farao sunny king queen jocolor geek Sleep confused cat alien Twisted Evil Exclamation Mad rabbit flower elephant

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

My shirt stayed on this time. Empty Keeping ya shirt on.

Post  cockney Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 am

Thanks for that Porkypike, maybe those concerned know they had a bad game without being told? Maybe Jimmy and Steve had already had there say in the dressing room? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Lets hope it was blip and we can get back to winning ways next week or a performance that merits positive praise. Smile Smile Smile

cockney

Back to top Go down

My shirt stayed on this time. Empty Getting better

Post  man in the street Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Blip or no blip, the Pikes have done well since the change in management. Losing is a habit that is hard to shake off as Selby and Maltby Main are finding. We still aren't that brilliant, as our wins have been (mostly) against sides in and around the lower reaches of the league but the big difference to me has been that we have been much harder to beat than early on in the season. (parkgate result being the exception)

When Hillier comes back that will be a really positive addition as we have lacked a versatile front man - he can hold the ball up, play others in and score goals. I think Hillier and Baxter could make a good front pairing if we can get some pace running from midfield. Clough would be ideal in that role potentially.

Not seen enough of Salt since his injury to know where he is at with his form and fitness - anyone got any idea? Is he fit? How has he been playing?

man in the street

Back to top Go down

Post  stevebrown2 Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:04 pm

I have taken a good 36 hours to calm down after the woeful performance on Saturday at Parkgate but as it has created plenty of discussion on the forum here are a few thoughts. Steve you are able and should be able to say exactly what you feel as a loyal supporter who had to endure a performance lacking any passion or quality from the players on Saturday. As someone quite rightly pointed out they have taken the plaudits in the better times of late, Saturday bought about some home truths to everyone. Parkgate in fairness to them were the best team we have played since we have been back at the club but they were made better by us giving them an easy ride. We lacked commitment, energy and intelligence to name but three things and as i often say to the players there are three facets to a football match that dictates results the physical aspect the technical aspect and the mental aspect and in all three things we were second best. I myself are happy to take my share of the blame as performances reflect the work that goes into preparation off the pitch and this was a mile away from where we need to be. I have said to Jimmy and Deano for a few weeks now that without being disrespectful to other teams that we have played I think we have had the right games to pick up points and whilst it was the one time i wanted to be wrong Saturday proved me right. We have a fair way to go before we are a top five team and i almost feel we are starting again on Saturday and Tuesday with two home games requiring a massive reaction from the players who need to show a passion for the club and a desire to want to improve. Following on from that we need to very quickly improve our away form and performances as at the moment they have been way short of the standard required. We know that alot of the players have the ability to play at this level but to be a success you need to play well eight games out of ten and whilst on occasions you may have a bad game on the ball you should never lack workrate and desire. Let me make it quite clear that the players were told at half time and full time in no uncertain terms what our thoughts were and what is expected of them starting from training tomorrow night. Our sincere apologies go out to all the fans that attended on Saturday hopefully it will be the last time you need to endure such misery on a Saturday afternoon. Finally many thanks to Dan for all his work with the 19's he is a bright young coach whom will hopefully be back at the club when his circumstances allow.

stevebrown2

Back to top Go down

Post  PorkyPike Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 am

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Thanks Steve for your concise and critical views on the game on Saturday, the person that asked me to go easy on them was being very tongue in cheek and jokingly said what he said, so I took it as a joke as well, so there was no viciousness or malice in what I wrote. alien alien alien

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!!

"UP THE PIKES"

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

My shirt stayed on this time. Empty Tadcaster game

Post  CliveH Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:27 am

Lyle's fit again and hopes to be in the squad saturday, though he expects to be on the bench and maybe get 20 minutes.

CliveH

Back to top Go down

My shirt stayed on this time. Empty Re Lyle Hillier

Post  PorkyPike Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:52 am

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
I'm really chuffed that lyle is fit again and looking forward to see him back on the Hallowed turf at Mill Lane.

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king king

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down