New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Both Keepers on Top Form!!

3 posters

Go down

Both Keepers on Top Form!! Empty Both Keepers on Top Form!!

Post  PorkyPike Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:55 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OK Clive lets start with the line up.
1. A Mitchell. 2. T Reid. 3. C Gowan. 4. S Sturdy. 5. M McNaughton. 6. T Fenwick. 7. G Dalton. 8. D Hartas. 9. S Baxter. 10. J. Brown. 11. T Adams.
Subs :- 12. L Hillier. 14. J Connor. 15. R Parker. 16. M Turnbull. 17. J Ramm.

Attendance 164. Cool

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their kind words to my recovery from a week of hell in bed.
I missed a mid-week game with the U19's away at Pontefract and was told it was a really good game, so hoping that would bode well to a good game against Taddy. I wasn't wrong, after arriving a couple of minutes late the first thing I saw was Si Sturdy going in for a ball with a 2 footed challange and was lucky to just get a yellow card shown, however the Taddy player gave off to the Ref and was also shown a yellow.
Both teams were working hard all over the pitch which was a total contrast to last weeks game from our lads, our defenders looked a lot more alert and duly dealt with most adventures into our goal area and our keeper Mitch pulled off some cracking saves. It was a good hard game which we knew it would be against a team that is languishing in the upper half of the league, they are also mentioned in the League stats as having the most clean sheets this season, so it was no surprise that at half time it was 0--0, a really good solid performence from the lads and a much deserved drink of orange in the changing room. Laughing Laughing

I don't know what was said to the players before the start of the second half but my god!! they came out with they're arses on fire on they're first foret into Taddy's half we won a corner (I said meat pie, sausage roll, come on Pikes give us a goal, ooohhhh we got a corner ) sorry couldn't resist!! well the ball was whipped in and the taddy keeper blocked a shot and the rebound found its way to Tom Fenwich which was duly delivered to the back of the net. 1-0 Pikes 47 minutes. I should mention that we had a couple of really heavy rain showers during the game that made the pitch very sticky.
For the next 10-15 minutes we could have scored another couple we were keeping the Taddy keeper busy, having said that the game was swinging either way for the rest of the game and on 66 minutes a goal-mouth scramble ensued and Tom Corner scored for Taddy. Both teams deserved a Win but I think a 1-1 draw was a fair result, on a lighter note I was glad to see Lyle Hillier back on the Mill Lane Turf again and could have scored himself, so wecome back Lyle.
Well done Jimmy, Steve 'n' Deanno and ALL the players.

Subs used ;- 12. L Hillier, 14. J Connor, 15 R Parker.

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Both Keepers on Top Form!! Empty Tadcaster Albion

Post  CliveH Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:14 am

Sounds like a decent game. Good crowd(164).
"Rusty" was how Lyle described his performance to me. Not surprising considering it was his first time on a football pitch for 11 months.
Onwards & upwards, hopefully, from now.
UP THE PIKES.

CliveH

http://clive.hillier@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Both Keepers on Top Form!! Empty Competitive pikes

Post  man in the street Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 am

Yesterday's game was the sort that we would have lost earlier in the season by 3 or 4 goals. The effort and application of everyone including all 3 subs was the difference. We are physically more up for the challenge and the communication on the pitch is loads better than it was.

Tadcaster went 3-4-3 with about 30 mins left and got forward at every opportunity. We coped with a combination of battling and good goalkeeping and could have nicked a goal or two on the break.

man in the street

Back to top Go down

Both Keepers on Top Form!! Empty Re: Both Keepers on Top Form!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum