New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Haul to Long Eaton.

5 posters

Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Long Haul to Long Eaton.

Post  PorkyPike Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:39 am

Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball
I was a little apprehensive about yesterdays game at Long Eaton as we were traveling for over 3 hours and I thought the lads would be a little tight being kept in such a small space for that length of time, I needn't worry though cos the lads looked ok whilst warming up and were ready and keen to keep the momentum going from previous games.
We came up against a very young looking team who looked very confident on the ball and were readily passing the ball about to keep our lads on the back foot at times, however when we got possesion we too looked good with good runs down both wings and a few runs through centre field, I should mention at this time there was a fairly brisk wind blowing from the Long Eaton end towards our goal they never used this to their advantage though which I couldn't understand, anyway as the whistle blew for half time it was 0--0, so in for a deserved drink and rest and no doubt a chat from Jimmy Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
From the re-start we utilised the wind and had a couple of chances to open the scoring but the Long Eaton defence held firm and even created a few chances themselves. That all changed when our debut boy Carl Stewart scored on 58 mins 1-0 Well what a way to open your new spell with the club, but he wasn't finished yet and took his tally to 2 on 67 mins 2-0 and we're are commanding the now with another couple of chances off target. Neutral Neutral Neutral
We we're really using the wind to our advantage with run after run going head-long towards the Long Eaton goalmouth, a couple of tactical changes from Jimmy brought some fresh legs on and the change was to be productive as Russ Parker got in on goal and scored 3-0 I thought it was going to be like the Armthorpe game (which finished 4-1) in the last couple of minutes of the game Long Eaton managed to claw a goal back. At the final whistle Pikes 3 Long Eaton 1.
Well done Jimmy, Steve and all the lads a great result.

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek geek

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Porkys Long Haul

Post  cockney Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks for the report Porky, sounds like it was a good 3 points again, what was the starting 11 and subs? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cockney

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Re: Long Haul to Long Eaton.

Post  PorkyPike Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Just been looking around the NCEL and saw a photo from our game on Saturday it shows Dave Hartas and Ged Dalton, what happens when your famous??????

TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!!

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Team ?

Post  cockney Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:46 am

I too saw that Porky, do you know the team that played sat ? are you down at Goole tonight for the 19,s game?

cockney

Back to top Go down

Post  CliveH Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:23 am

The team was....
Mitchell; Reid, Hartas, Sturdy, Gowan; Dalton, Connor, Adams, Fenwick; Batchelor, Stewart. Subs... Parker for Fenwick, McNaughton for Adams, Hillier for Batchelor (all around the 70 minute mark).

CliveH

http://clive.hillier@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Thanks

Post  cockney Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:23 am

Cheers for that CliveH, is that Chris Batchelor that was with the Pikes couple seasons back? Surprised Surprised Surprised

cockney

Back to top Go down

Post  CliveH Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:45 am

That's him. Got 2 brothers Dec & Con, I believe!!!!

CliveH

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Long Eaton

Post  Antony Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:42 am

Chris Batchelor is down under playing cricket, I think you mean Steve Baxter.

I felt that it was a fairly even 1st half, perhaps our hosts edging the attempts on goal although I can only remember Mitch having to dive full length once and felt we were comfortable at the back.

In the 2nd half we upped it a gear and started to stretch the home defence. As soon as the 1st goal went in we never really looked in any trouble until the last 5 mins when at 3-0 we went looking for more goals instead of keeping the ball out of harms way, seeing the clock out. They adopted a nothing to lose attitude, got one back and created a bit of pressure however overall it was a job well done by the whole team.

Carl Stewart had 5 attempts on goal in a very impressive debut;

1/ A glancing header just past the post.
2/ A thunderous drive that forced the keeper to pull off a great save.
3/ A cool finish beating the keeper from close range.
4/ Another cool finish driving home Simon Sturdy's headed knock on.
5/ Warming the keepers hands again with a vicious snap shot from outside the box, the alert Russ Parker was on hand guide the ball home (credit to Russ as it was by no means a tap in).

Antony

Back to top Go down

Post  CliveH Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 am

Sorry one and all. I knew that was Steve Baxter I was watching, but some gremlins got inside my brain yesterday. I'll make an appointment to see my doctor!
I'll try the joke again.... Chris Batchelor has 2 brothers, Con & Dec, I Believe!!!!! (or is there no one over 50 on this forum?)

CliveH

Back to top Go down

Post  donttellhimpike Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Eh ???!!! Laughing Rolling Eyes

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Post  PorkyPike Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
My favourate was My Dianne and yes it was Con & Dec.
Well done Clive, you had me scratching my head at that one???

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Post  CliveH Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Good man Steve. Thought Capt. Mainwairing would have known that. He would've liked The Bachelors, I'm sure, in his old age!!
(60's Irish singing trio, donttellhimpike . Boyzone's pre-incarnation!!!)

CliveH

Back to top Go down

Post  donttellhimpike Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Sadly I did know what you meant Clive, but chose to play it down a bit. Thought there would have being plenty to pick up on it mind (the batchelors) seeing as how I've seen plenty of folk wearing their tribute jumpers!!!! Laughing Cool Cool Wink

.....it was them that wore them badboy 'No Dad' jumpers wasn't it? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by donttellhimpike on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:48 am; edited 2 times in total

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Post  CliveH Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Eh??!!

CliveH

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Thackley Game

Post  cockney Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:57 pm

How was it Porky Pike? the scoreline suggest a close game was it that way? What was the starting 11 ? Look forward to your report mate.
Hoping to get the 19,s game on Monday here,s hoping they can make it thru to the final, you going to be there ?

cockney

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Thackley match

Post  CliveH Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Report please Steve, when you get home.
Lost 3-2 I understand.
What's the Carl Stewart story? Why didn't he play?

CliveH

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Yesterdays report

Post  cockney Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 am

Any news anyone from yesterdays game? The forum is very quiet. Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

cockney

Back to top Go down

Long Haul to Long Eaton. Empty Thackley 3 Pikes 2

Post  CliveH Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Good match report on the Thackley FC website, cockney.
APB on Porky Pike required !!

CliveH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum