New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A quick catch up!

Go down

A quick catch up! Empty A quick catch up!

Post  stevebrown2 Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:24 pm

A quick overveiw of the last couple of weeks starting with a disappointing second half performance at Thackley a couple of Saturdays ago when we fell back in to the habit of conceding poor goals. The first half was quite even and we could have been a couple up early on but the loss of Steve to a poor tackle disrupted our flow. Fair play to Cloughie whom stepped in at the last minute when Carl suffered sickness on the morning of the game he took his opportunity well with a couple of goals the second a great effort but ultimately it was in vain as our lapses defensively cost us the points. We are still striving for more away from home which makes the next two Saturdays even more important. Our mood was lifted on the Monday evening by a brave performance from the 19's away to Frickley whom had lost only one game previously this season. It was not the best football match ever but the boys defended resolutely for the 90 minutes plus extra time and this is a great attribute in itself when it is coupled with a determination not to get beaten. Russell's goal in extra time was great reward for their courage well done to everyone gk Alex deserves a special mention another promising player at the club. Saturday was I thought a special day for the supporters of the club whom have not had too much to cheer this year. A lovely day at the Rec the teams best performance since we have been here, against good opposition in an entertaining game ending in victory, what more could anyone want? I am not going to go into the details as I thought everyone contributed by having good games with home debuts by Dave and Carl to remember they both did well on a day that the players showed what they are capable of when everyone is at or close to their best, well done boys you sent a lot of people home happy. My football week was rounded off by the 19's beating Pock 5-2 on tuesday in a decent performance. We could have had a couple more but lots of flowing football with end product and it was another enjoyable game to watch against a young team with some decent lads, well done fella's keep the momentum up. Just to answer the Carl Stewart question which cropped up on the forum. As I said earlier he missed the Thackley game as he was unwell, Railway asked us if they could use him on the Tuesday evening which Jimmy was fine with given he missed the Saturday thinking it would give him sharpness against Brid!!!!! I like the comment that he is too good for the league because we do not want to stay in it and like many others will be striving for promotion next year to give the fans more reasons to be cheerful but there is masses of work to do yet but combine the players from the two current teams and hopefully it is an achievable ambition.

All the best Steve

stevebrown2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum