New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baggy in the goals Again!!

2 posters

Go down

Baggy in the goals Again!! Empty Baggy in the goals Again!!

Post  PorkyPike Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:36 am

Rolling Eyes Question Rolling Eyes Neutral Rolling Eyes Question Neutral Rolling Eyes
Team:- 1. A Mitchell, 2. T Reid, 3. C Gowan, 4. D Hartas, 5. S Sturdy, 6. R Parker, 7. M Dalton, 8. J Connor, 9. S Baxter, 10. C Stewart, 11. T Adams (capt) 12. L Taylor, 14. E Cass, 15. B Lock, 16. A McDowall.

A funny sort of game yesterday at Brighouse, we controled the first 10 minutes of the game with Baggy getting his 1st goal with assist from Jed Dalton, then the game seemed to go flat till Matthews scored for Brighouse on 18mins. It sort of went either way from then with both teams missing some good chances till Hull scored for Brighouse on 27mins. It reverted back to basic football again with a lot of mistakes for both teams, by this time Brighouse's wingers were making a nuisence of themselves causing our defence a headache, however Baggy wasn't finished yet and scored on 40mins, a great goal with a pass from Jed he took on 2 defenders and turned them inside out then calmly placed the ball passed the Brighouse keeper (class goal), so we went in at half time with honours even at 2-2. Very Happy Very Happy
From the re-start we got Russ Parker in on goal with only 3 passes but sadly no end product. The game ebbed and flowed for both teams and I thought we were playing quite well with numerous shots at goal but no addition to scoreline, Brighouse striker Matthews was a class forward and prooved it on 64mins by claiming his second goal, at 3-2 we're still in the game but the Brighouse wingers were still forging their way past our defences and on 87mins Matthews completed his hat-trick so final score 4-2 to Brighouse, the lads played well but Brighouse played better. silent Surprised silent Mad Smile Surprised Sad

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Baggy in the goals Again!! Empty Brighouse

Post  Antony Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:51 am

I felt that the changes to the team unbalanced us a bit and we gave the ball away far too easily in the first half against a team with very good movement going forward and full of confidence. We were regularly overstretched at the back and very lucky to be level at half time. Apart from the two first half goals we conceded they hit the post with Mitch beaton and missed two unbelievable sitters from less than a yard. When we did get the ball forward we did look a threat and Steve Baxter took his goals well.

The second half was a different story, with a strong breeze behind us we pressed them back and looked like taking the lead again on a few occasions. It was against the run of play when their impressive striker evaded a few challenges to put them in front. We continued to probe looking for the equalizer but got caught again near the end. I think you have to say over the 90 minutes the home team deserved their victory.

Disappointing crowd of 76 for a team in third place, I'd guess at least a third of that total were following us. That said I see that there was only 15 at one game yesterday.

Antony

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum