New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of an "Era"

4 posters

Go down

End of an "Era" Empty End of an "Era"

Post  Alasdair Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:47 am

If all good things must come to an end so should things that have gradually sunk to mediocrity. After eight and a half seasons the Pickering Town website will be run by a new editor next season. With the current hosting due for renewal and the increase in quality of free alternatives available to non-league clubs these days the management team have decided that it is time to make the move to one. It has also been decided that it is logical if the website is run from Pickering and directly by the management team as communication of news has been the most common complaint in the past.

I’d just like to say that I am proud of the website despite the last few years not really living up to it’s 2003-04 heyday (when I went to most of the games). During that season we outshone even the excellent league website for detailed content. Even in its reduced form we got the information out pretty quickly and always had the essentials whilst keeping an individual personality despite most of the clubs at our level having dull identikit websites just with their details instead of another club’s.

Obviously there are areas I would have liked to develop (historical results) but unfortunately circumstances and life just get in the way – 2 cities (both 50 miles away from Pickering), 3 different web hosts, 4 computers (should’ve backed up!), 5 managers and 6 site re-designs haven’t helped!

Anyway looking forward hopefully the coming together of the management team and the website will lead to an ultimately better experience for you as the fans and if anyone asks you to contribute please say yes as I can tell you from experience that all help is very welcome.

Alasdair
Admin

https://pickeringtown.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

End of an "Era" Empty Re: End of an "Era"

Post  PorkyPike Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
You did a cracking job with the website Alidair, the time and effort that went into your early work was second to none and if it wasn't for you I probably would not have joined the forum family, many thanks mate.
I hope your right in saying that the website will be improved with local contributers but will this open-up an opportunity for local businesses to place adverts on site for a fee?????????
Anyway all the best Alisdair and I look forward to seeing you soon.

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Post  donttellhimpike Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:11 pm

cheers cheers cheers Take a bow, that man ! cheers cheers cheers Cool

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris in France Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:28 am

I have on occasion asked for improvements to be made to the website because, as a long-distance supporter, I rely on the 'net (no twitter or facebook - I know I'm an old fuddy-duddy, sorry) for information about my favourite, home town football team. However, I have always said, and I still say, that you, Alasdair, have done more than your fair share of work editing the match programmes and managing the club website at the same time, especially from, as you say, from two different cities 50 miles away from Pickering.

No one can ever say that you haven't done your very, very best for the Pikes. I can vouch for that because, if you remember, I was one of those people who worked with you in the early days.

Thank you very much, Alasdair, and I wish you the very best for the future.

Chris in France

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum