New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!!

+5
Antony
greg11
donttellhimpike
wheredowegofromhere
PorkyPike
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Post  PorkyPike Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:09 am

Why is it that after only 1 game in charge it seems like doom and gloom are rife in the supporters forum, Quit being so negative, Stuart Rice is only 1 player and after being his sponsor for the last 5 months I know he was a good player, if he's gone to better himself then great, good luck Stuart. Lets see what the new year brings you never know what can happen in the second half of the season.

Good luck to Jimmy and the Crew. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

That's all from a very Festive Codpiece-PorkyPike!! pig pirat pig pirat pig pirat

santa rendeer king santa rendeer king santa rendeer king santa rendeer king santa rendeer king santa rendeer king

"UP THE PIKES 2012"!!

clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown

Last edited by PorkyPike on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing text)

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Additional !!

Post  PorkyPike Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I won't be there tomorrow, it's the Jolly Boys outing to Burnley so good luck to Jimmy & squad.

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Optimism

Post  wheredowegofromhere Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:13 am

Well Porky Pike I really do admire your optimism and enthusiasm, its not just that Rice has gone in fact I think his last few games for us he was poor (maybe outside influences), its the lack of information from management, we have to get news from elsewhere never anything on the site, I really hope that the turning point is today, and the players appreciate the task ahead, Selby will not lie down and will be very difficult opponents we have to match them for work rate as I,m sure with regard matchwinners we may have the edge, so come on Tom get the troops ready for action and deliver a nice Christmas present for the fans 3 POINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP THE PIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wheredowegofromhere

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Post  donttellhimpike Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:47 am

" wheredowegofromhere......" Aye, aye. ya ya..ya...Aye. ya ya ya ya it's down to the lake I fear !!!!!!!
Smile Smile Smile Cool Cool Smile Smile Smile Wink

all the best everyone...

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Please explain yourself

Post  wheredowegofromhere Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:39 am

Plesse explain yourself regarding "going down to the lake" no riddles please, nice that we got 3 points yesterday in what was not a classic, very swirly wind made things difficult, overall I think we just edged it not least because of our goalkeeper who I thought was terrific.

wheredowegofromhere

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Post  donttellhimpike Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:35 am

Me being sad, I thought it was funny, but obviously not, it is from a song from the 80's, love plus one by haircut 100 I think.You would have to look it up.
But yeh! 3 much needed points. bounce bounce

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Haircut 100

Post  wheredowegofromhere Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:01 am

Only remember Fantastic Day, I do know that Graham Jones the guitarist was born in Brid though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hows that for useless info?

wheredowegofromhere

Back to top Go down

Post  greg11 Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:09 pm

I heard cloughys not gettin a game a brid! What would you think of tryin to get him back for the pikes???

greg11

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Re Cloughy ??

Post  PorkyPike Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Very Happy Very Happy I was talking to Cloughy today and he is going to the training session tomorrow night, so watch this space !!!

Thats all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Re steve's post

Post  Antony Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:51 pm

I hope this is going through the proper channels if it's true. I would be delighted to see him back in our ranks however there is protocol to be observed.

Antony

Back to top Go down

Post  donttellhimpike Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Jesus wept !! you are easily pleased !!!!!

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Re Cloughy

Post  wheredowegofromhere Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:22 am

Would it be good if Cloughy came? please tell me, is he a tad unreliable? leaving us, playing Scarborough league football, going to Brid, should he not have been fighting for a place in the squad at Brid, afterall they are in the top 3, I know its about getting better players and he has ability no doubt about that, but what about the person he replaces and how long will he last this time ? I,m not sure? Very difficult decision for Jimmy and Steve I would think.

wheredowegofromhere

Back to top Go down

Post  greg11 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:40 am

I know he might be unreliable but he was with us 2 years and did brilliant! Im sure he deserves a second chance right?

greg11

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Re Cloughy

Post  wheredowegofromhere Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:03 am

I think everyone deserves a chance and yes he can be a match winner, will he commit to the remainder of the season and attend all training sessions? We will have to wait and see if he gets transferred first. Question Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

wheredowegofromhere

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Clough

Post  man in the street Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:23 am

Young lad - a bit unpredictable but............. fast!

man in the street

Back to top Go down

Post  Antony Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:40 am

"Jesus wept !! you are easily pleased !!!!!"

Perhaps we should put 7 days notice of approach to Man City for David Silva!!Yuk!!

Cloughy did a great job for us during his previous spell and I would be delighted to see him back.

We can only speculate why he didn't show up after this pre-season however if he fancies another go? bring him on!!

Antony

Back to top Go down

Post  greg11 Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:46 am

I agree there we will after wait and see! And if he does get transferd and sticks at it with us! Think we would have a good strike force Smile

greg11

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Re Cloughy ??

Post  PorkyPike Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:34 am

Very Happy Very Happy We are picking Cloughy up tonight so he is definately going to training, if push comes to shove and he cant get a lift for matchdays then I will pick him up if he is serious about coming back to play for us. Very Happy Very Happy

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES 2012"

clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Cloughy

Post  dazlad Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Cloughy is way too good for pickering but having said that fair swap for Stuart Rice(better)Haircut 100 DTHP that was a sad quote!!!!!

dazlad

Back to top Go down

Post  donttellhimpike Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:20 pm

not saying he is a bad player, but a liability and very unreliable all the same. Cool

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Training Tonight!!

Post  PorkyPike Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Well what a turnout tonight 20 players plus the coaching staff and boy did they get worked.
We also got Darren Clough back on the books and he was pleased about that as I am going to sponsor him again. Also in the workout was Dean Craig (don't know if he put pen to paper) I'm sure Tony will let us know?? Question Exclamation Question Exclamation Question

Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

That's all from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pirat pig pig pirat pirat pig pig

"UP THE PIKES 2012"

jocolor clown geek jocolor clown geek jocolor drunken clown king geek santa flower queen bounce bounce No Evil or Very Mad sunny sunny farao study scratch scratch geek jocolor rendeer drunken Sleep

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty Good Turnout

Post  wheredowegofromhere Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:18 am

Excellent turnout then, do,s that include any under 19,s PorkyPike? I understand they have a quarter final next week?

wheredowegofromhere

Back to top Go down

Post  donttellhimpike Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:16 am

pleased to hear there was a good turnout, a lot happier 'n' all I bet!
Don't know if Dean " re-signed " don't think he has to,(still registered) never really wanted to leave in the first place, but don't think its any secret that Brid' and their tenants still want him, just wants to get his fitness back and get back playing football, where's James Gunn these days by the way.
Cool Cool Smile Smile Cool Cool
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce sorry thought I was at City there for a minute !!!!!!

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Give the new squad a chance!! Stop all the negatives PLEASE!!!!!!!! Empty news from the management

Post  stevebrown2 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:36 am

It has been requested that we bring the fans news and views from Jimmy Deano and myself. Obviously Jimmy will use his programme notes each week to pass on his thoughts but by registering with the forum it will give us an opportunity to answer questions once a week from the fans rather than have speculation and rumour.The three of us are in general pleased with the first two games in terms of effort and application and obviously four points from six is a decent start. The second half on Monday was disappointing in terms of the quality of the football but we believe we have players who are determined to improve and bring back better days to the club.We will try to establish a settled playing squad in the coming weeks with one or two players coming in.As you are aware Cloughie has re-signed,just to end any thoughts of any wrong doing on our behalf when we came into the job Mitch rang to wish us well and say that as long as we contacted him first he would waive any seven day rule if the player wanted to leave which has been the case with Darren.Anyone who knows the pedigree of Keith Usher will know that any enquiries by ourselves will be made in the correct manner.Dean Craig has also returned to train with us which is pleasing as he is a good player as has Joe Conner who has looked good in the three training sessions I have taken but he is keen to up his fitness levels having not been playing regular football. The sessions have been well attended with the ethos been to improve the current levels of fitness which are below the required levels and to implement a mindset which encourages passing flowing football. The quality of the young players has been a nice surprise and they very much figure in our future plans especially when we are safe from relegation, they have a big part to play in the future of the club.The only real disappointment so far is Stuart Rice leaving and this was despite our best efforts as he was a player we were looking forward to working with but unfortunately he had his head turned immediatiately on Pete leaving the club and he decided his future lay elsewhere, although I would like to stress that Bridlington followed all the correct protocol. Hopefully Cloughie can fill the void he has left as they are not dis-similar players at their best.That all for now.All the best Brownie

stevebrown2

Back to top Go down

Post  donttellhimpike Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:32 am

dazlad wrote:Cloughy is way too good for pickering but having said that fair swap for Stuart Rice(better)Haircut 100 DTHP that was a sad quote!!!!!

Mmmmmm..... was a bit, but still made me giggle ! if now't else . Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next