New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bridlington game

2 posters

Go down

Bridlington game Empty Bridlington game

Post  man in the street Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:21 am

Another good battling performance from the Pikes I thought. Brid missed some really easy chances in the first half and a couple in the second but they were beaten after the third goal went in.

One of the best individual performance I've seen from Stewart - if that is his normal standard of play, he 's too good for this league. Russell Parker is an excellent young player and had a good game on the right.

man in the street

Back to top Go down

Bridlington game Empty Just What We Deserved!!

Post  PorkyPike Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:42 am

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

I asked the lads to go out and play their arses off today and, well, they didn't let me down, I never felt so PROUD to be a Pickering Town supporter. I never thought that after our humiliating defeat at Nostell in the early part of the season that we would be here watching one of the best games of football I've seen in years.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Attendence 247.

The team was :- 1, D.Bramley. 2, Tom Reid. 3, C.Gowan. 4, D Hartas. 5, S Sturdy. 6, T Fenwick. 7, R Parker. 8, J Connor. 9, S Baxter. 10, C Stewart 11, T Adams (C)
Subs:- 12, L Hillier. 14, M McNaughton. 15, D Clough. 16, A McDowall (Keeper) 17, J Ramm.
Right from the kickoff our lads got stuck in and worked very hard, we knew this game was going to be one our hardest we've had this season becuase you don't go to the top of the league by playing bad and Brid have been there or there about for most of the season.
In the last couple of days our Forumites have been speculating about one of our new arrivals at the club, has he defected to another club?, is he injured? has he really signed for the club?? Well I think the worries were answered on 10 mins when Carl Stewart scored, 1-0, cracker!! shove it up em!!! (they don't like it "UP EM") What a great start, the Pickering fans went daft, it all started with a brilliant ball from Tosh Reid up the right flank (sorry rugby term), The next 10 mins or so was pretty equal with both teams squandering chances with Brid missing some real sitters and after getting a run on goal our keeper brought Josh Greening down just outside the box and the Ref awarded Brid a free kick and booked our keeper which I thought was very harsh as he did clear the ball before Greening fell over the keepers feet, anyway once again they missed the chance to pull level.
THEN!!!!!!!!!! Carl Stewart scored another on 24 mins, with another Brilliant ball through from Tosh Reid down the right, Tosh is playing like a man Posessed with some exellent defending as well, Another player that is knocking up his points for Man Of The Match is Tommy Adams he seems to be popping up all over the place.
The rest of the first half swung too n fro and by the interval the score was 2--0 to the Pikes a great first half filled with plenty of action. cheers cheers

From the re-start Brid came straight through on goal but once again missed the oppertunity, well our keeper kept it out, again and again the two teams seemed to have Wonky Goal Radars, that was until Carl Stewart decided he wanted his hat-trick and scored on 64 mins, 3--0 I can't believe the scoreline The whole team are playing their little polyester socks off, what a fantastic team effort the likes I haven't seen for a very long time, these men are a credit to the whole Management team involved in putting the team together,(sorry I'm a bit emotional) drunken drunken
My thanks must go out to ALL the fans for both teams for the support and enthusiasm through the whole of the game.
Not long after Carl Stewart got his third on 78 mins Nathan Cook scored to bring the game back from our domination but the Pikes kept up the pressure and were freely passing the ball about but couldn't increase the scoreline, even Brid were trying everything to get back on track but like I said earlier their Radar was well off. After a run through on goal from Brid the ref blew for a free kick in our favour but our keeper never heard the whistle and booted the ball away behind the stand, well he had been booked in the first half so the ref had no choice but to show him a red card which meant we had to put one of our outfield players in goal as Jimmy had put all his subs on, so up steps The Beast, not the first time i've seen him wearing this jersey. So we had to play the last 5 mins with only 10 men, but the lads held firm and handed Jimmy the biggest win so far since his return to the club. An outstanding performence from "ALL the PLAYERS" I feel a few drinks being downed tonight.
A very hard task to pick a man of the match, Stewart? Ramm? Baxter? Parker? Adams? It's hard to favour anyone but for his work in defence and some great runs and crosses my choice is Tosh Reid !!

That's All from TheCodpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Bridlington game Empty Re: Bridlington game

Post  PorkyPike Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:14 am

If you don't allready know we have a supporters club page on Facebook find it here:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/76996925597/

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Bridlington game Empty Re: Bridlington game

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down