New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

busy week!

2 posters

Go down

busy week! Empty busy week!

Post  stevebrown2 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:45 am

Sorry for the late posting of views on the weeks football as it has been a busy one. Last Saturday against Retford saw a good first half performance without again taking our chances and when they went in front after half time and we failed to match the levels of the first period the writing looked on the wall but a bit of quality from Tom and some alertness from Cloughie earned us a valuable point against the pacesetters. Once again we learnt plenty about the players as we look to build for next year and clearly as there always is there are one or two areas of concern but at the same time plenty of positives. Monday night saw an entertaining under 19 game against Scarborough and four goals from Tom Fenwick against Scarboroughs two saw a deserved victory for the team. Once again there were plenty of positives and I find watching the 19's really entertaining well done to Dan and the boys. I was not at Thornaby on Tuesday and cannot therefore pass comment although reading the forum it has certainly stirred up peoples emotions. Cloughies injury thankfully does not seem to bad and he hopes to back training next week. Tomorrows game sees Jonny Brown and Liam Salt return to the squad and we are pleased to see Ged Dalton return to the club as he is a player with a good pedigree. Jonny Burbeck and Lyle Hillier are also due to return to training on Tuesday after injury and their presence will add to our overall strength and produce competition for places. We have a few of the younger players away on county duty for the next few weeks and naturally we wish them well as they continue their progression in the game.

All the best Steve.

stevebrown2

Back to top Go down

busy week! Empty Wanderers return

Post  PorkyPike Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Great news that Lyle is ready to do some Training also welcome back to Jonny Burbeck and to mine and Archies delight the return of Ged Dalton a smashing lad and will give 110% every game, well done backroom staff to get these players ready to come back to Pickering. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

That's all from a very excited Codpiece-PorkyPike!! pirat pig pirat pig pirat pig

"UP THE PIKES"

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

lol! lol! You Idiot I said LYLE not LOL

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down