New Pickering Town Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any News, anyone?

4 posters

Go down

Any News, anyone? Empty Any News, anyone?

Post  CliveH Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 am

Very quiet at the moment, but hasn't anyone got any news?
Someone, somewhere, must know SOMETHING!!!

CliveH

http://clive.hillier@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Any News, anyone? Empty Re: Any News, anyone?

Post  donttellhimpike Tue May 31, 2011 7:39 am

Yep..... not telling you though!!!!

New boss has been very busy contacting and talking to players new and old, and I have been told he is very enthusiastic, fresh ideas,researching players strengths & reliability! etc and can't wait to get going, he is bringing in someone to work alongside him can't remember his name though, wasn't Morton.He has invited a lot of players to training and has been asking questions about current players he does not really know, have to say though Mitch will also have been busy talking to players from last season, and can tell you he already has spoken to a few I know but of our current players they tell me they have been impressed with Mr. Vasey's enthusiasm, knowledge and manner. Cool Cool Smile Smile Cool Cool Cool

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Post  PorkyPike Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 am

Very Happy Very Happy I can't wait to meet the new Manager, he sounds like a very keen and capable chap and should go down great with Fans & players alike. Lets just hope he stays for a few seasons to give his "NEW" team a chance to make their mark on the LEAGUE! Basketball Basketball king

PorkyPike pig pig pig

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Any News, anyone? Empty Some News

Post  CliveH Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Not good news about Lyle's injury sustained against Parkgate.
He's still inactive, with the diagnosis being a medial ligament/catilage tear. Not good. He doesn't think he'll be fit for pre-season. In fact the worst case scenario is October at the earliest. He's seen a physio and Doctor, and it looks like an op. Should know for certain in next week or so.
So it looks likely that his pre-season training will be pushing a pram around Ampleforth after 26th July!!

CliveH

Back to top Go down

Post  PorkyPike Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 am

Sad Sad Sad Thanks for the update on Lyle's injury Clive, I wish him a full recovery and really want to see him back with the Pikes. Do you know how many players we have been able to retain Question Question Question Question
By the way If you didn't allready know PorkyPike is the Supporter formally known as TheCodpiece. The forum was blocking me so I had to re-register.
So I look forward to meeting up again when the season starts.

All The Best.

PorkyPike pig pig pig pig

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Any News, anyone? Empty So you haven't defected to Brid, too, Codpiece!!!!

Post  CliveH Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:50 am

Thank goodness for that Steve. It also crossed my mind that you might be sunning yourself in Barbados or somewhere similar, in the hope that it might bring next season along quicker!!
Didn't understand your comment re your problem with the Forum.
Anyway, thanks for your kind words about Lyle. Rest assured, he'll be back as soon as he's able. Raring to go, I'm certain.
Even he doesn't know what's going on player-wise. Hasn't heard anything.
The grapevine in Pickering certainly seems to be rather inactive.
The new season will be very interesting. Looking forward to meeting up soon.

CliveH

Back to top Go down

Post  PorkyPike Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I have got a chance to meet new Boss next week so I should have a bit more news then to see who's stayed loyal to Pickering and who's jumped ship, I'm hoping the more senior players are still available (Aziz, Adams, Beast, Martin) would love to see Gaz Hepples return after he was pushed out by Mitch, Rob eeles & Chas Wrigley as well. Anyway time will tell, so long as we have a competitive team to take to the league I'll be happy. Laughing Laughing Laughing

All The Best!

PorkyPike. pig pig pig pig

PorkyPike

Back to top Go down

Post  donttellhimpike Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:54 am

lots of players been invited to training, from what I can gather, but I think beast will be with Scarboro' Town with Chappy, although they seem to not have a league to go into again nor do they know where they can play, so that could all change.
I reckon we can work out who has been asked and who will go to Brid. for a few weeks anyway!!
What we have to remember is the likes of Deano and Rambo were at Pickering before Mitch came, and he called them everything for it as well, how things were to change though,eh! I don't expect lots to follow him like he is some sort of pied piper type footballing guru, they have been let down to often already for that to happen again in my opinion.
Very sorry to hear about Lyles injury, hope he is back soon,
Congratulations to Salty on becoming a Dad, not sure Pickering can wait 16 years for a decent number 9 though, Liam !!!!! Cool Cool

donttellhimpike

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainGeorgeMainwaring Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 pm

With training starting Tuesday, has anybody heard of any new arrivals? Or do we have to wait for Tuesday to see who turns up?!! Ive heard about the Cooks, Ged, Greening, Bopsie training with Brid, but any more news on the departures? Ive also heard a rumour that Deano is gonna leave us and is looking to play local league football again?

Looking forward to the new season and seeing what sort of team we are gonna have out. In Vasey we trust!

CaptainGeorgeMainwaring

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down